It’s been a long winter, and far too long for me to have gone without posting something to this site. Thanks for all of you who have subscribed and have been writing along with us. It’s gratifying to know that we are providing inspiration for your writing. I promise, from here on, we will be more consistent with our prompts on a more regular basis.
1. Jumping Off Points:
2. “Every winter, When the great sun has turned his face away, The earth goes down into a vale of grief, And fasts, and weeps, and shrouds herself in sables, Leaving her wedding-garlands to decay – Then leaps in spring to his returning kisses.” ~ Charles Kingsley (1819 – 1875), ‘Saint’s Tragedy’ (act III, sc. 1)
3. Lyric Prompts: “Sad Songs Say So Much” by Elton John, “Hey, Mr. Jones” by Jane Child, “The Letter” by Jim Morrison, “The Greatest Gift (lyrics) (video) by Robert Plant, “Sisters of the Moon” by Fleetwood Mac, or “Queen of Babylon” by Winger
4. Write about a broken promise or promises.
6. Single Word Prompts: Sparks, Fireworks, Flame, Drop, Tarot, Gateway OR Candle
7. Mun or Muse Prompt: Is your Mun /Muse doing anything for the Holidays, and if so, what? If not, why? Has their feeling on holidays changed with time?
8. RP Prompt: Midnight Mass, Holiday Celebrations and or Decorations